There is this local restaurant here in SLC, Taqueria 27, and I haven’t been now almost for a year, but you can guess, they have great tacos. Interestingly, my favorite item on the menu is actually not a taco, but their pear and gorgonzola salad. I always get it when I go and I’ve started making it at home too because I love it so much. Gorgonzola has been one of my favorite foods ever since I was a kid. My dad used to make these gorgonzola tortellini that were truly amazing, and yes I’ll post them soon, but it just made me love gorgonzola so much and I use it a lot, more than Blue cheese for sure, even though I love both.
Gorgonzola is in this salad both crumbled and part of the dressing, so you truly need to love it, it packs a punch and I’m here for it! The ingredients are super simple and the extra dressing you have leftover from this salad you can store in the fridge for a week and use on more salads. Or dip some french fries in it, to die for!
Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Mayo light
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 4 oz crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Clean and chop the lettuce. Slice the pears. Toast the pecans in a pan for 6-8 minutes and let cool.
- Arrange the lettuce and pears and toss the pecans and Gorgonzola cheese on. Top with the dressing and enjoy!